Friday, September 19, 2008

Power of conviction

An excerpt from Neil Gaiman's interview :
"and I feel like the gods smiled on me, and I got very lucky. Normally, in anything I do, I'm fairly miserable. I do it, and I get grumpy because there is a huge, vast gulf, this aching disparity, between the platonic ideal of the project that was living in my head, and the small, sad, wizened, shaking, squeaking thing that I actually produce."
There have been really few, rare times when I have felt truly satisfied with myself. And when i do i feel i take on the world.
Power of Conviction is indeed strong.


2 comments:

UserDeleted said...

I guess the real power is in realizing the difference between the platonic ideal and the squeaking thing produced while attempting to realize the ideal.

People often make themselves (and others) believe achieving the latter is as good as the achieving the former.

You are right. The Power of Conviction is indeed very strong.

Jyotika said...

Well, gauging the difference between what is to be achieved and what is actually achieved, is a conscious attempt to pursue. To be consistent in doing that is what is difficult. Who knows, we are allowed only a few such rare moments, or we wouldnt be humans anymore.