Monday, November 17, 2008

The two pillars.

This post is an ode to those two people who literally shaped my professional career, sometimes knowingly and mostly unknowingly.

Yoda: I call him 'sir', but found an apt name after I watched star wars. He is probably the only person I have met till now, whose rationality actively strives to equal his brilliance. Inspite of being 50-something, He still has a well-nested child-like curosity in him, which makes him so approachable and an extremely interesting person to have around. He is a self-made genius, who didnt even start as a CompSci engineer, but today sustains single handedly various projects in my ex-workplace. On why and how did he shape my career, i woudl exactly quote a mail i wrote to him long time ago. -
"Now when i look back to those 2 years in eI, i can only think how lucky i was. When students enter industry, they witness petty politics and manipulation, but i got a chance to work with u and what i witnessed was sheer techincal excellence, humility and fairness, which helped me to be myself."
I regret I couldnt get to know him better, one because I felt shy, and second because he was a bigshot in the workplace and I felt a little hesistant in doing so, though I am sure he would have never minded.

A.G - This guy, fortunately was a close friend, and at a time, i was having serious exsistential crisis. A child prodigy, who has impressive academic records is also a self-made genius. There is nothing that this guy hasnt tried his hands on, electronics, mechanics, every damn field of computer science etc etc. In that way, AG and Yoda draw many parallels. They both are brilliant, humble, curious and fair, I used to always wonder what is that they are talking about in the office parking lot . There have been million times I felt like dropping by, craving to just listen to those intelligent exchanges, and maybe express an opinion or two. Well, there was no else i could talk about stuff like Computing and Intelligence, Science fiction, philosophy and metaphysics. But just knowing that they were there, who were interested in something more than APR's , QPR's and office politics was a consolation enough, that I would survive too. Inspite of all insanity around, these people stood as my pillars , mostly unknowingly, that there is still a lot of good and fairness in the world.

P.S : I wish i could write well, I feel i havent done justice to the ode.

No comments: